Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Good Morning Upper East Siders.

It's back. The delightfully vicious, deliciously meta, well-dressed world of Gossip Girl. Who doesn't love a good scandal, a lover's reunion, cat fight, or [white] party where the beautiful people quotient is challenged only by the designer clothing count? Um, no one that I know. Add society style icon (and someone who looks to be genuinely nice) Tinsley Mortimer to the mix and you've got the guest list for my 30th Birthday Bash.

I could admit this long before last night's premier, but Gossip Girl has permanently knocked (or designer handbag walloped) The Hills off my guilty pleasure list. A.) I don't fear I'm losing brain cells by watching it, and B.) It's just better. Josh Schwartz, I'd follow you to any teen-centric drama.

And yes, a guilty pleasure it still is. Even with the literary cameo by Jay McInerney (Bright Lights, Big City), the soap and all of its excess is just pure, entertaining pleasure. No higher meaning there. And what's wrong with that?

You know you love it.

1 comment:

Susannah Maddux said...

buried in the workshop last night. can't wait for my very own premiere tonight. thank you for the oh-so-intriguing, well versed intro to what's to come this season from UESpyt's.