Monday, September 15, 2008

You gotta. . . Prada. . .

I believe "bag with a lotta stuff in it" is how Will Smith's lyric went. If I "gotta" Prada bag, who cares about the stuff in it. Especially if the bag is their new, destined to be cult favorite (already-seen on supermodel Miranda Kerr's arm) lace-trim bag. Why-oh-why can't I be part of that cult? When I first saw an image of the bag, in all its sex-kitten intrigue, I nearly fainted.

And speaking of sex-kitten intrigue, black lace is one of my very favorite fabrics. It's high in both romance and drama. Miuccia Prada's fall 2008 collection takes the youthful effect out of lace, replacing it with a sophisticated, even menacing appeal. Think bourgeois gone mad but in a subdued manner, like that dark, quiet girl in class. I'd like to be that quiet girl. Especially if it meant a rack of Prada's severely-feminine lace pencil skirts and peplum coats were hanging in perfect order in my closet. As always, her designs are the definition of strong femininity mixed with buttoned-up sex appeal. Thanks to those who know cleverly demure always wins over the obvious.

And my love affair with Prada deepens. . .

No comments: