Friday, October 12, 2012

Just like autumn leaves.

Fall is my absolute favorite time in New York City. In any city to be honest. I can't help but feel it's a time of renewal and rebirth. Yes, I'm fully aware such words are typically associated with spring, but let me be frank, I'm not a massive fan of spring. I enjoy the fact that my shoulders are no longer a half-inch from my ears because of the cold, but I don't really love the year until May. But fall...fall owns my heart. And my wardrobe.

Last fall I spent a lot of time being sad. Nursing a heartache that I'm not sure was entirely worth it. The season change wasn't lost on me, but the personal change was. Not this year. Today marks the first really chilly day in New York, the first layering up (scarf, hat, big sweater) of items to protect against the cold. The air is crisp and, pardon the 'everything is rainbows' notion, all feels right.

I feel a change coming. I'm not sure what it is. I don't know what it may bring. But it's coming. 

And I can't wait. 


No comments: