Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Same floor number; new view

I did it. I made the move to THE city. As in New York, NY. And I love it. To the many, many tomes singing the praises (both big and small) of this city, I humbly add my Love List while enjoying the view from the second floor.

1. After each outing you return home a little more fabulous.
2. There is something new - literally - around each corner.
3. Because you don't know "neighborhood" until you live in one in NYC.
4. $.75 corner coffee from the same gentleman each morning. Yes to cream, no (still) to sugar.
5. Horns honking.
6. The sunset against skyscrapers.
7. A proper newsstand where VOGUE UK arrives on time.
8. Purchasing The New Yorker - in New York.
9. Delivery.
10. Your first victory on the subway. "No Uptown 6 here? Fine, I can still get there."
11. Prix Fixe lunches with friends in SoHo.
12. Walking, everywhere.
13. "Can I send a messenger for that."
14. Most smells.
15. It happens here first.
16. Things like jewelry shops with Banh Mi stands and dumpling walk-up windows exist here along side haute cuisine.
17. Yellow cabs.
18. The NFT guide.
19. Chrysler Building.
20. The rhyme and reason behind the Empire State Building's color scheme.
21. Emerging from the subway into the brisk night.
22. Feeling home in the city.
23. We'll see tomorrow. . .


No comments: