Tuesday, February 17, 2009

To Russia, from Thakoon

Imagine my delight in seeing an Ushanka (not unlike mine) go down the runway at Thakoon! I've had a semi- life long love affair with these luxe hats. Possibly stemming from my belief in the romance of all things Russian (sorry Kel) and my long-standing "Doctor Zhivago"-inspired dream of speeding through Russia's snowy landscape to some forgotten, frozen ice mansion.

Good to know I can relive that dream in a pencil skirt and sheer top.


Image courtesy of nymag.com.

The Russian-inspired looks weren't the only spot-on designs he sent down the runway. Featuring 35 refined (yet with edge) looks that combined uber-feminine styles with playful, sexy accents and texture, Thakoon's show was filled with wearable, retail-friendly (we are in a down market after all) pieces. I'll take one of each, but first on my list are the nude frock with the after-hours untied bow and bright navy, belted satin dress. I'd even entertain his multi-colored fur cropped jackets, but only if I could accessorize with the emerald, envy-inducing gloves he showed as well. A collection well done!

Image courtesy of nymag.com.


No comments: